New Charge for Parents for School Meals
HCAT encourage every parent or carer who is anxious about the increase in meal prices to approach their school for help in applying for free school meals or to apply on line before the 11th of January using the following link:
The process is extremely straightforward and any member of school staff can assist.
To ensure only eligible applications are submitted potential applicants should check the list below to see if they in receipt of any of the following:
- Income support?
- Income based jobseekers allowance?
- Income related employment and support allowance (ESA – IR)?
- Universal credit?
- Asylum seekers (receiving support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999)?
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit?
- Child tax credit (with an annual income of no more than £16,190 as assessed by the Inland Revenue)?
- Working tax credit run on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit?